Call for Applications
The Leonardo da Vinci Society and the Italian Scientists and Scholars of North America Foundation (ISSNAF) Bay Area Chapter are seeking applications for the Leonardo Award 2020 . This award was established in 2019 on the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death to recognize the outstanding contributions of Italian/Italian American early career researchers/scholars working in the San Francisco Bay Area . Scientists and scholars conducting research in any field of science and technology or arts and humanities (including the social sciences) are encouraged to apply. Multiple awards will be granted .
The winners will be presented with an award certificate and a $1,000
prize at The Leonardo da Vinci Gala in April 2020.
ISSNAF is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote scientific, academic, and technological cooperation among Italian researchers and scholars active in North America and the world of research, academia, and industry in Italy. The Bay Area Chapter of ISSNAF was established in 2017 to connect the talented pool of Italian researchers and scholars based in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, and to offer them opportunities and support.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a self-nomination by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org . Only one entry is allowed.
The application must include the following items:
● Curriculum Vitae with publications and relevant experience .
● A 1,000 word (maximum) statement that describes the significance and impact of the applicant’s research and, possibly, the connection with Leonardo da Vinci’s legacy. The statement should be written for an audience with general knowledge in the applicant’s field of interest, but not an expert in the specific subject.
Applications will be reviewed and scored by a judging panel composed of renowned scientists and scholars, based on the applicant’s accomplishments and research impact. Applicants who demonstrate a reasonable connection between their research interests or perspectives and the life and work of Da Vinci will be given special consideration .
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
● received a doctoral or equivalent degree on or after January 1 , 2010;
● have performed or are performing the work described in the statement;
● are currently affiliated with an institution located in the San Francisco Bay Area (including Santa Cruz, Davis, etc. );
● are at least 21 years old;
● are Italian or have an Italian family background.
Applications are due March 1, 2020.
Winners will be informed by April 1, 2020.
The awards will be presented during the Leonardo da Vinci Society Gala in April 2020.
For any question contact email@example.com